CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 10, 2008

About Eddie

I was asked to write about the characters that would appear in this year’s easter production in GTPJ. I still can’t believe that there would be a play about us, and our lives! I’ve written a little about me, so here’s the story of Eddie, my husband.

How we met...
Eddie and I met in high school. He was in an all boys school just down the road from my school, and we first got to know each other through some social meet between Leo Clubs. I was the more active one those days, getting involved in almost every possible clubs you could throw a stick at. Eddie was more nerdy, more of the guy who liked to stay in the background, remain unnoticeable.

Back then, he and Jin were already good friends and I remembered that they had another friend, Alex, probably the more charming of the 3. In fact, we (the girls) all though Alex was the cutest anyway. In fact, I recall, Alex was the ladies man, Jin, the bad boy and Eddie, the mute boy, because he doesn’t talk much. We were quite insensitive then, weren’t we?

Things started happening!
We became quite close during Form Five, when we would have study groups for SPM, and because we stayed close to each other, he sometimes walked me back in the evening, when my mom couldn’t pick me up. He was quite a talkative person once you got him alone. He’d talk about not just his computers and stuff, but other topics, ranging from religion, politics, general knowledge and even stupid jokes.

He was quite a know-it-all and a joker, but he would listen as I spoke to him about me and my family, about the rift between my mom and dad. Dad worked so hard he never had time for us. I told Eddie about my ambitions and future, and he told me his. I remember, there was a field between our homes (we call it The Padang–yes, very creative name lah), where we would sit on the swings and chat. He was so shy back then, he preferred us to sit like that and talk instead of face to face, so he’s more comfortable speaking.

After Form 5, he started working in a small company, but we always kept in touch. I was in a local college back then, but he would call every day and asked me about my day. I knew he worked hard and was busy, but he would make time for us and buy little gifts and things for me. He was a very frank person too. He told me how much he liked me and wanted to be serious in a relationship. After a few months of grief for him (I knew I loved him even then), I decided to give us a chance, even though I knew my Dad wouldn’t be too pleased with him being a non christian.

"...he knelt and asked me..."
We were about 18 then, and we’ve gone through so much together. He worked his way up and became close to Kenny, his boss; and he also brought in Jin into the company. At 26 he proposed to me. He brought me out to The Padang that night (which was now quite abandoned, since we had both shifted homes, and no one else really used it much). He actually had hired people (or his friends) to clean up the whole Padang, fix up new swings, and decorated it with flowers and candles all over. He had rose petals strewn all the way to the two swings we had always sat in when we were young. And on my swing, which had flowers all around the chains, was a box. No, I don’t think I need to elaborate what was in the box =). This time, he knelt face to face as I sat on the swing, and proposed. It was the sweetest thing anyone had ever done for me. Also a bit malu, because so many people around there stop by to keh poh and look. He never told me how he managed to afford such a presentation; but he several times hinted that Kenny had helped out in terms of money.

Yikes, I’ve rambled again! I can write so much about Eddie, but will stop now. But every night I pray for him. For his salvation, and that his new business with Kenny and Jin would not take him away from his family, the same way my Dad was taken away by his job. I love him with all my heart, yet, without the love of God between us, I still feel that something is missing, and that one day, that something can be found, by the both of us.

p/s: Don't we just love passport photos? ;p


Watch this SPOT!: March 11, 2008 (Tues)
"Trailer Alert! Coming soon to GTPJ"

Stay tuned for the full trailer showcased last weekend!


[tags : ]

0 comments: